The first enrollment for the online course “Financial Management for Healthcare Managers”
Registration for the course is valid until February 8 → https://cutt.ly/tIqZOE4.
During the course, you will learn to read the financial statements of the medical institution and master the tools needed to make management decisions. The course also combines classic financial management tools adapted to the current needs of managers, representatives of management teams, and heads of individual departments of medical institutions in Ukraine.
The first group will begin to study on February 8. The course is designed for five weeks of active study. One week is provided for the final coursework. The teacher will check it and provide feedback. Each course topic contains video lectures and assignments.
So during the course “Financial Management for Healthcare Managers,” you can learn to:
- understand and use financial terminology,
- to form and use financial arguments based on financial statements during presentations and negotiations with owners, customers, and contractors,
- calculate the cost of medical services and plan the gross profit from the provision of services,
- create options for compensation packages for medical staff, choose appropriate systems and forms of payment for a team, financially viable for the hospital,
- assess the financial condition of the medical institution and plan its profitability, manage costs,
- financially justify decisions on outsourcing of medical and nonmedical works and services, cost optimization through additional investments,
- substantiate investment decisions on changing of equipment, staff training, implementation of new services, expansion of activities,
- make decisions that positively impact the financial condition of the medical institution and stakeholders.
The course contains cases of state-owned enterprises, including medical ones, illustrating how to use financial instruments for management decisions. Thus, the director of “St. Martin’s Hospital” in Mukachevo, Yevhen Meshko, shares his own experience in the course.
According to professional ratings, the author of the course, Oleksiy Herashchenko, is one of the best financial directors in Ukraine, the author of financial classes in MBA programs at the Kyiv-Mohyla Business School, a business coach.
The online course was developed within the framework of the Ukrainian-Swiss project “Development of Medical Education,” implemented in Ukraine by the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) with the support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and in cooperation with the Ukrainian Health Center (UHC).