Peer groups for primary health care providers in Ukraine
Ukrainian-Swiss project “Medical Education Development” announces call for individual applications from those who are willing to obtain a new professional role of facilitator – promoter of Peer groups.
We invite family doctors, nurses, health care facility managers in the pilot regions of the project: Zhytomyr, Rivne, Lviv, Ternopil, Chernivtsi and Kharkiv oblasts to carefully read the requirements and apply. Application forms are collected until 25 February 2020. Only selected participants will be invited to participate in the training, as well as to facilitate peer groups and join the supervision. The selection results will be announced by March 4, 2020.
The first training of the facilitators will be held on March 31-April 2, 2020 in Kyiv, the second — in the autumn of 2020.
What are the Peer groups?
These are regular meetings with doctors or nurses or health care managers with colleagues to facilitate the understanding of complex treatment cases, to share experience in managing a healthcare facility, to discuss the accomplishments, mistakes, and features of professional life that assures professional development, to strengthen horizontal relationships with those who have similar professional activities, or in other words, build professional relationships with colleagues based on trust.
What are the benefits of participation in Peer groups?
- Points of continuing professional development and actual continuing professional development
- Opportunity to gain up-to-date knowledge and experience by participating in peer group meetings
- Ability to learn and develop new skills
- New acquaintances with active, motivated colleagues, nurses , or health care managers.
Please note that this is not only an application to participate in the training, but an application to gain the skills of the Peer group facilitator and further work with the support of the project in the implementation of the Peer groups in your region.
What are the requirements for candidates for the facilitator of Peer groups?
- Must have leadership skills, be proactive and ready to develop innovative approaches
- Must be motivated and able to motivate others and engage them in events
- Be able to work in a team, hear the opinions of others and respect colleagues
- Must not be afraid to make timely and informed decisions
- Be able to resolve conflict situations, seek consensus and take a neutral position
- Must have basic communication skills and strive to develop them further
- Be able to plan time and use it properly
- Must understand the importance of training, continuing professional development and by personal experience demonstrate this commitment
An understanding of the principles of group organization and group dynamics as well as the ability to express empathy are also desirable.
If this is about you, fill out the application form at: https://cutt.ly/jrANSfh