Listen to our online courses on the Prometheus for free
Free registration for the online courses “How Healthcare Works” (https://cutt.ly/0YWBMyh), “Healthcare Financing Systems” (https://cutt.ly/WIUs4F4), and “Quality Management in Healthcare” (https://cutt.ly/jGSCpex) is open until 31 May.
In conditions of uncertainty and martial law, online courses can become part of the educational process for medical students and help teachers. Last year, together with the Ukrainian Healthcare Center (UHC), we developed interesting educational courses on the health care system for teachers, scientists, researchers, students, and anyone interested in health care.
The information and materials presented are applied, and the lecturers are practitioners with many years of experience in health care. You can take courses based on the Prometheus online education platform regardless of your location; you only need the Internet. Therefore, a free registration is available until 31 May 2022, including the following courses:
How Healthcare Works → https://cutt.ly/0YWBMyh. It is recommended for young healthcare professionals. During the course, you will learn:
- who is responsible for what in this complex system,
- how patients and health professionals can influence the hospitals to become more efficient,
- main tasks in the health care of public authorities and local self-government,
- where the money comes from and how it is spent in medicine,
- how different health care facilities are combined into a single system,
- how medicines get into hospitals and pharmacies,
- why and what we suffer from and why we need a health care system in general.
Healthcare Financing Systems → https://cutt.ly/WIUs4F4. It is recommended for teachers, researchers, and anyone who wants to understand the most important aspects of health financing systems. The course will help to understand and form your own opinion about the ongoing changes in health care in Ukraine. During the course, you:
- learn how the health care system works,
- understand The Medical Guarantees Program and why universal health coverage by medical services is important,
- understand how to operate the key components of the health care financing system,
- be able to explain whether informal payments in medical institutions affect the availability and quality of medical services,
- hear how medical reform in Ukraine began from those who designed and implemented it.
Quality Management in Healthcare —> https://cutt.ly/jGSCpex. It is recommended for managers, medical professionals, scientists, and researchers. The course will help you understand the basic principles of quality management in a medical institution and begin building a quality management system in your medical institution. During the course, you:
- learn what Total Quality Management is,
- learn to plan, manage and evaluate a quality management system,
- see how different standards work in Ukrainian clinics and choose the most suitable quality management tools for your institution,
- track how service, risk management, and communication are related to building a quality system in your healthcare facility.
All educational courses are developed within the framework of the Ukrainian-Swiss project “Development of Medical Education,” implemented in Ukraine by the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) with the support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) in cooperation with the Ukrainian Healthcare Center (UHC).