Building the research capacity of HEI
Ukrainian-Swiss project “Medical Education Development” opens a call for applications. The research teams and ideas competition predisposes the provision of the project’s support in the amount of 8000 Swiss franks to a team of no more than five researchers from pilot HEIs. One research proposal from each HEI will be chosen for conducting research. As a result, there will be prepared a manuscript ready to be published in an international Scopus-indexed journal.
The application call lasts from January 20 till February 12, 2022. The results of the selection will have become known by February 20, 2022. This is a team application, i.e. you need to be a part of the research group. The link to the application form is sent directly to project’s coordinators from HEI.
Phases of the activity:
- І phase: applying, selection of research proposals (only one application per one HEI will be selected),
- II phase: research work under the supervision of Ukrainian and international researchers, participation in research methods online workshops,
- III phase: dissemination of the research results (on conferences, publishing an article).
Requirements to research proposals:
- Fresh idea,
- Empirically based
- Researchers need to speak English as all the workshops and supervision will include participation of international researchers and translation is not planned,
- Research and reporting documents will be prepared also in English,
- Researchers need to be the employees of pilot HEI.
Areas of research:
- Medical education (nurses and medical doctors), including simulation approaches in education, students’ satisfaction, inclusive education etc.
- Constant Professional Development (medical doctors and nurses)
- Education (health care managers)
- Role of a family doctor / nurse
- Employer’s perception of education, demand for skills and knowledge, etc.
- Higher Education Institution’s management, including educational environment and information E-Systems, expectations and perceptions (both students and teachers)
We also invite representatives of pilot HEI to take part in online workshops on research proposal drafting. If you do not belong to the community of the researchers from our pilot HEI please feel free to join our workshops too. But keep in mind that we will be focusing primarily on the information for pilots. The workshops will take place on February 3 and 9. Please, apply following the link —> https://forms.office.com/r/jb71jHrWLv
Speakers of online workshops:
- Tetiana Stepurko, head of the office of Ukrainian-Swiss project “Medical Education Development”, sociologist and researcher,
- Valentyna Anufriyeva, healthcare management education coordinator, Ukrainian-Swiss project “Medical Education Development”.
Registered participants will receive a link to a Zoom meeting on a given e-mail address. Participation in these workshops will help to better understanding of the requirements and approaches to selection of research proposals.
In case you don’t have an opportunity to join online workshops, please, watch the useful videos on research proposals drafting: